Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days: My Day-to-Day




This month I'll be writing about our everyday lives; how we live life as a family and our everyday activities. Today I want to share with you how my day was on Friday. This isn't everyday, of course, but it's most days.

Friday, October 5, 2012

5:00 a.m. I wake up, get dressed to go running with my sister and make Naomi a bottle.

5:10 a.m. I walk down to meet my sister at our usual meeting spot, stretch, chat and take off.

5:15 a.m. We begin running and run for 25 minutes today.

5:45 a.m. I make my way back home and do some stretching.

6:00 a.m. Daniel leaves for work and I get a load of laundry started.

6:45 a.m. Naomi wakes up: diaper change, bottle and change into clothes.

6:50 a.m. I switch Nyla's old crib and give to Naomi.

7:00 a.m. Nyla wakes up; potty and change into clothes; start another load of laundry.

7:10 a.m. We read books and play in Nyla's room.

7:30 a.m. We head outside; my girls love to walk, write with sidewalk chalk and play basketball.

8:00 a.m. We have breakfast and talk(see my breakfast menu here).

8:30 a.m. Naomi takes a morning nap; Nyla and I read books, build towers, "cook" in her kitchen and she has independent time in her room.

9:00 a.m. Naomi wakes up and gets a diaper change; we play in the playroom and read books; we head outside for a few minutes and talk to our sweet neighbor Jean.

10:15 a.m. I fix lunch for the girls (I'm working on a lunch menu plan for us).

10:45 a.m. I try giving Naomi her bottle but as she's been doing all week, she refuses to take it; she gets put in bed.

11:00 a.m.  Nyla goes potty, we read a book in bed, sing and I rub her back, per her request. I tell her, "You can get down and play in her room but you have to be quiet and you have to stay in your room. When you get tired just climb back in bed and go night-night." She obeys and is asleep by 11:45.

11:10 a.m. I take a quick shower

11:20 a.m. HHGregg calls. The delivery men are 30 minutes away with my new appliances! I do a little blogging while I wait on them.

11:45 a.m. HHGregg delivery men arrive with our new stove/oven, microwave and dishwasher. Woohoo!

12:00 p.m. I have a little lunch and put my feet up.

12:15 p.m. Nyla wakes up from her nap. I think she heard the delivery men (they came in right by her room). She stays and plays in her room a little bit longer.

1:00 p.m. Nyla comes out to the den and we read and play together.

1:45 p.m. Naomi is up but is playing in her bed so I leave her.

2:15 p.m. I get Naomi up. She gets a diaper change, finally takes her bottle and we sit in the kitchen and have a snack.

3:00 p.m. We head outside again and wait for our neighbor Kynadi to get home. Nyla loves seeing her get off the bus and she always needs a hug from her.

3:30 p.m. Daddy is home! We are his welcoming committee outside and covered in chalk. :)

3:40 p.m. We head inside to get ready to go see Sir and Cookie (my parents). We're having dinner with them tonight since I have no oven/stove. Daniel takes the girls to the back while he changes. He plays the guitar and entertains them while I get their stuff together.

4:05 p.m. We head out the door for Sir and Cookie's house

4:30 p.m. Sir gets home and he has Buffalo Wild Wings (mom hosted a bridal luncheon and doesn't want to cook). We're all hungry so we eat. Yes, we like eating dinner early. After dinner we clean up the mess Naomi has made under the highchair. Cookie and Nyla head outside to throw nuts down the driveway. The boys turn on the Braves-Cardinals baseball game. Naomi crawls and does some walking while chewing on any toy she can find. Then Sir heads outside to throw nuts with Nyla.

6:00 p.m. We clean up the den, put diapers on the girls and their footy pajamas, gather our stuff and head home.

6:15 p.m. We drop off my mom's friends purse and bag of books she forgot at the bridal luncheon.

6:30 p.m. We're home. Daniel takes Naomi to the back to have a bottle. They read books and she gets put in bed.

6:50 p.m. Nyla goes potty, gets her diaper and pj's put back on and we get in bed to read a book and sing. I tell her what I told her before nap. She gets down but isn't down long. I peek in on her 10 minutes later and she's back up in bed getting herself to sleep. That 45 minute nap doesn't suit her so she's pretty tired.

7:15 p.m. I put another load of laundry in and get another one out. Daniel and I look at each other and say, "It's only 7:15?" We're not used to it being so dark outside. We have a snack, clean up the kitchen and watch TV.

8:15 p.m. I fall asleep on the couch after awhile and head to the back around 9:30. I immediately fall asleep and prepare for the next day.

And that was our Friday! I wonder why I'm so tired at the end of the day because I feel like I don't do much. Writing it out has helped me see I have my hands full. :)

I don't schedule our day out either. I've tried and I hated being tied to a certain schedule. I like to just see where the day takes us. We go to the park and do crafts other days. I like for Nyla to have independent time when Naomi naps in the morning and that usually happens but for the most part we aren't on a schedule. When the girls get a little older and we start doing certain things we'll have more of a schedule.

Do you find scheduling your day helps you gets stuff done or do you like to see where the day takes you?

Go here to visit many other blogs who are writing for all 31 days in October!


No comments: