Sunday, October 21, 2012

31 Days: Hosting a Baby Shower


I'm thankful to be involved in such a sweet church who love to help with everything. A friend and I talked about throwing a baby shower for another girl friend and I had quite a few people tell me if I needed help to let them know. After we planned out our menu I started asking those sweet ladies who said they would help. And I had no problem getting all our foods covered for the event!


Arrangement my mom put together. Beautiful!

Leigh and Jordan


Leigh and her baby boy, HB

The future parents opening gifts... Nate and Kristy



The food spread

The strawberry cupcakes I made. Mmmm!
For our menu we had:
fruit and fruit dip, cheese ball and crackers, marinated cheese and crackers, buffalo chicken dip, mexican corn dip, hot sandwiches and strawberry cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing. I wanted to have nontraditional shower foods because we were eating right after church and I know people are always hungry right after church, plus I'm not a chicken salad fan. :) And I asked Kristy what she'd been craving and went down that road too. Her cravings have been fruit, strawberry and vanilla and spicy foods. I feel like I incorporated well what the mommy-to-be has been craving!

I love being able to plan showers. I'm thankful there are so many special women at our church who love to help and love to cook. I couldn't have done any of this without them. Thank you, Ladies!
I also like not having them at my house so I don't have to worry about cleaning the house. :)
We had a great time getting together and blessing the parents-to-be with much needed essentials.

No comments: