Friday, October 12, 2012

31 Days: Race (Five-Minute Friday)





Race.

On and on we race through life. Do we ever stop to enjoy the little moments? You know the ones that come and go so quickly. Those little moments for me are building towers with my girls, snuggling on the couch reading books, having a helper in the kitchen.

This year has been what I call my "Year of Contentment." I've strived to not pursue "things." We have so much and yet the world keeps pulling at me that I need more. But I feel like I've overcome that lie many times this year. I'm proud that I've overcome "the lie" that I need more stuff. I want to enjoy the moments in life. My girls are small and the days sometimes seem sloooooooow but the weeks fly by. Each moment is precious. I don't want to race through life and look back and say, "I wish I had more stuff." I doubt I'll say that. I'll want to say, "I'm happy with what I did in my life. I enjoyed the moments, each experience. I enjoyed my family and the simple things in life."

As I race through each day I try and remember that life is short. The special moments don't last forever. The hard moments don't last forever. I want my girls to see me living and experiencing life.



This post is linked to Five-Minute Friday. Hundreds of women join each week, write for 5 minutes on the same topic. Come join the fun!

4 comments:

RobinBrz said...

Oh it's so true isn't it?? We hurry, hurry, hurry to get it all done when we really need to relax and enjoy the act instead of the result.
Good for you for not believing the lie! Your family will be much better for it.
(Stopping by from FmF)

dayebydaye said...

I love the "year of contentment" idea. What a great reminder to stop in this race to enjoy the special moments that are right before us if we would just stop. Great post! :)

Denise said...

Very true.

Ginny said...

Thanks for the comments. My "year of contentment" will probably roll over into next year. It's just so important to me to stop and remember who put me her and what I'm doing with my time here. Getting caught up in all the "stuff" isn't easy sometimes but worth it in the long run!