Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days: Voice (Five-Minute Friday)



Voice.

Finding my voice as a wife, mother and still an individual is hard to do right now. With two young children who need almost constant attention, I struggle with finding my voice. There seem to be so many things I want to do. So many things in my head I want to get out but can't. How can I still be Ginny?

Realizing that my girls will grow up quicker than I want I'm thrown back to the reality of "it's not forever." Tomorrow they'll be one day older than they are today. Tomorrow they'll be one step closer to not needing me as much. But still I find myself complaining to myself how frustrated I am with being stuck in this house all day. Not enjoying every moment like I long to. Not having an hour to myself and always having someone follow me to the bathroom. 

"Quit complaining" is something I've been saying to myself a lot these past few weeks. "Be thankful" I can even have kids and am able to stay home and raise them myself. Daniel sacrifices to go out and work all day so the girls and I can stay home and be together. It's a blessing, I know this.

I know I'll find my voice again. I know it'll take some time.


Linked to Lisa-Jo's Five-Minute Friday link up party!


5 comments:

Allison said...

It is so hard to keep your own identity while feeding so much into the ones we love. I struggle with that too and hope to find the balance. If I do, I'll make sure to pass it along! Allison

Shawna Ervin said...

I hear you! I have a 4-year-old and a 2-year-old and I struggle with this, too. It is so hard to be stuck in the mundane. Keep blogging. We hear you.

BeckyE said...

I was having these very same thoughts this afternoon. As I slipped into my room to have a much needed quiet moment (can you hear me saying "Mommy Time Out") they were running all over just outside my room. I reminded myself, "My 3 Year Old will soon stop running like that. Their shrieks of laughter will end. The house will be quiet. And then I'll miss it." I love your reminder to be thankful. We all need that.

Ginny said...

Ladies, thank you for the kind words of encouragement. This week has been ROUGH. I've felt like I've lost my patience WAY too many times and beat myself up for it later.
I struggle to find myself, knowing that it won't be the same as when I was a single person but wanting something similar. Is that possible?
But, I do know that my littles aren't littles forever so I'm trying to take it one day at a time, instead of wishing that they were bigger and we could do things differently. Because the day I really wish that they will be bigger and I'll be mad that I wished their littleness away. I definitely don't want to do that!
Hang in there as well, Ladies. We are doing what's right!

Denise said...

Appreciate your sharing.