Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days: Dear Girls


Dear Nyla and Naomi,
These past couple of weeks writing about our lives together has made me so appreciate the little time I have with each of you. The days seem to go slow but the years truly are flying by. Nyla you are 2+ and Naomi you'll be 1 in just 2 weeks. I feel like I just had each of you!

I'm so thankful I get to stay home with you each day and help shape the person you are to become. I pray I'm a good example. There are so many things I want to teach you. I get in a hurry. I am learning to slow down, we'll get there in time. And I know I couldn't do it without the help of Jesus. He shows me each day how to improve upon my mothering skills. I'm proud our God gave each of you to us and entrusted us with your safe keeping. And I'm proud to follow Him. He is the ultimate example of love!

I hope you appreciate the simple lives we lead. We lead simple lives to show you that not everything in this world is needed, that you can "go without" and still lead a happy and healthy life. We go against the world in regards to "stuff." I hope you don't ever see it as deprivation but as seeing there are others with so much less than we have. We have a roof over our heads, running water, multiple clothing choices and always plenty of food. We are better off than so many people in this world. I pray you always remember that. I pray we can not only tell you that but show you we are beyond blessed.

I pray that you learn to love the Lord as your daddy and I do. I pray we are lights to Him and show you the way to Him. I pray many things for you each day but this is number one. He is the ONLY way to a life filled with love and happiness. Know Him and keep Him in the center of your life.

I love you more than you'll ever know,
Mommy

1 comment:

Daniel Gafford said...

Love this post, Wifey! Thanks for staying home with them and being engaged with them!