Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days: Menu Plan Monday





Each week (well most weeks) I join hundreds of women in menu planning and linking up our menu plans. I started menu planning not long after Daniel and I got married 4 years ago. Almost everyday around 10 a.m. I would get a text that said, "What's for dinner?" I'm serious. At first I laughed. Then I got a little irritated. I had no idea what was for dinner! It was 10:00 a.m. I hadn't even eaten lunch by then. And why did it become my responsibility to think and cook up what's for dinner?

After a couple weeks of this I made a decision to start planning our dinners. I started planning one week at a time. A few months later I felt like I was planning all the time because the weeks went by so quickly. I then moved to planning every two weeks then I went monthly. I've gone back and forth to planning twice a month and once a month. At this stage of our busy lives I now pdlan once a month. I also plan two weeks of meals and repeat each. We'll have the same foods on the same nights for two weeks in a row. We've been doing that for a month now and it suits us. We still get a varied menu but I'm not struggling to figure out what's for dinner.

There are some months when it is HARD to plan but I know we save money and I save my sanity come 4:00 p.m. when it's time to get things going. If you visit this blog weekly you'll find my menu plan for the week and the link to find other women who link up their families menu plans.

Do you menu plan? If so, how often?



Monday- Zuppa Toscana soup (tastes EXACTLY like Olive Garden's) and breadsticks

Tuesday- Lasagna (this one but modified a bit)

Wednesday- Daniel's french toast and bacon or eggs

Thursday- spaghetti lemon (I have their cookbook... it's my favorite!) with chicken breasts

Friday- leftovers from the week

Saturday- sandwiches and leftover soup

Sunday- lunch: pizza; dinner: leftovers

Hop on over to Organizing Junkie's site to find more great menu plans!

No comments: