Friday, August 7, 2009

Why we budget

Why do we budget and live a frugal life?

To be honest, we have to. The income Hubby brings in is where our budget comes from. If I make money from my Mary Kay business, cards or baking business the money made goes back into that particular business or savings. My income isn't tallied into our monthly budget.
I love to be at home. My heart is at home, not stuck in some office all day long. For all you women (and men) who work full-time outside the home, God bless you! I just don't have the want to do it. I also just can't seem to find my place out there. I've tried a couple of times and was very unhappy. I don't know if I'm too picky or what, but it wasn't ever any fun. And I want to have fun. I love the freedom of going to the grocery store at 9 a.m. when hardly anyone is there. I love to spend Fridays with my mom. I love getting all my house stuff and projects done during the week so I have all weekend to spend quality time with Hubby. I never liked spending my weekends cleaning, organizing, preparing. It just wasn't for me.

So here's some of the breakdown of a couple of things from our budget:
$160 a month for groceries ($40 a week)
$100 a month for miscellaneous items (everything else that isn't food)

These are basically the only 2 things I'll be talking about on here dealing with our money. All our other expenses are rent, car, bills, etc. We all know about how much those are so I won't really discuss them unless I feel the need. :)





No comments: