Sunday, August 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Monday, August 10, 2009
Happy Monday to You!
Here's the dinners I have planned for the week.
It's pretty warm here but I have a small toaster oven that I'll be using for the few recipes I have on the menu that require an oven instead of cranking up the big one. And the forecast says it'll be raining through Wednesday (we'll see if that actually happens) so it will be nice to have a warm meal to help with the cold rain.

Monday:
Chicken Vino Bianco (a knock-off from Olive Garden)--it has a whole bunch of steps but I've been wanting to try it for a long time and I've been putting it off.
Tuesday:
Enchilada Stuffed Shells (from my Taste of Home cookbook that I got on sale for $8!)
Wednesday:
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (I made them over Memorial Weekend and they were fantastic)--I'll probably use a regular hamburger bun
Thursday:
Saucy Pepper Steak (I made this a couple of weeks ago and have been craving it ever since, it was awesome!)--I'll leave vegetables out of Hubby's portion b/c he isn't a huge fan and put an extra onion in for myself b/c I love them so much!
Friday:
Homemade Blueberry Pancakes with light maple syrup and bacon
Saturday:
Breakfast: leftover pancakes
Lunch: on your own
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Bowls (this is a new recipe I found and have been wanting to try, don't know if Hubby will like it b/c he likes his foods separate :) but he's going to venture out and try it anyways)
Sunday:
Breakfast: quick bowl of cereal, then off to Church
Lunch: Leftover chicken parmesan over whole wheat pasta
Dinner: ???

Have a great Monday!


2 comments:

erin said...

Those pulled chicken sandwiches sound good! Do you use chicken thighs or have you tried it with breast meat?

Ginny said...

Erin,
I have just used boneless, skinless chicken breast. If I have chicken with bones I would definitely use those, would add more flavor. I also want to try a rotisserie chicken that you find in the grocery stores. I'd feel off the skin and shred the chicken and follow the directions from there. That would probably make a very juicy sandwich.