Friday, August 7, 2009

Pizza Bread




I tried this last Friday and it was wonderful. Because Hubby is sick I'm making it again tonight since he loved it so much. And it's comfort food to him as well. Anything to get him feeling better!
I found this recipe from Cooking During Stolen Moments. It's a great blog with wonderful recipes, check it out!


*6-7 c white flour (I did about 6 1/2 c. I also think I'll try and do half whole wheat flour, half white flour next time)
*1 Tbsp yeast
*2 c milk
*1/2 c water
*1/4 c butter or margarine (I always use real butter, there's just something wonderful about it)
*1/4 c sugar
*1/2 tsp salt
*2 tsp Italian seasoning
*3/4 c pizza sauce (find my EASY homemade pizza sauce Here)
*20-25 slices pepperoni, cut into small pieces (I quartered them)
*2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese (I used 1 c shredded cheddar cheese and 1 c mozzarella cheese... next time I'll use probably another 1/2 c to 1 c more of cheese mixture)
*1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese (we don't keep this in the house usually so I didn't put any of this in/on it)

Directions:
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 c flour with 1 Tbsp yeast and set aside.
2. Add milk, water, butter, sugar and salt to a small saucepan. Heat over medium until warm. Pour into large bowl with the flour and yeast. Stir or beat until well combined. Slowly work in remaining flour and Italian seasoning. Knead (by hand or with and electric mixer) until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes (I didn't do this but 1-2 minutes and it worked out just great). Cover and let dough rise for 1 hour in a lightly greased bowl.
3. Divide dough into 2-3 portions (I cut it into 3 as this made a whole lot and put in separate gallon size bags to freeze), depending on how big you want your loaves to be. Roll each ball of dough into a rectangle.
4. Spread about 1/4 c pizza sauce on each section of dough (if you want to make all 3 at once, I do 1) (and I use more than 1/4 c on each section, b/c 1/4 c isn't enough).
5. Sprinkle the diced pepperoni and cheeses on top of the pizza sauce.
6. Roll dough tightly, jelly-roll style, and pinch the seams shut.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
8. Cut into 8-10 pieces, serve and enjoy!

So delicious!


No comments: