Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wheat Blueberry Pancakes

This recipe was a great weeknight treat for Hubby and me.

I was supposed to go to Circle with my church girlfriends last night but it got cancelled due to no one being able to attend. I had nothing on the dinner menu thinking I was going out so I had to come up with something quickly.

We love breakfast for dinner so we decided to do that. I found a great recipe today for whole-wheat pancakes over at Finding Joy in my Kitchen. They looked easy and quick so I thought I’d try them. I’m glad I did. They were quick and wonderful! So here’s the recipe.


Wheat Blueberry Pancakes- modified from Joy in my Kitchen

Printer-Friendly Recipe

1 cup whole-wheat flour

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 Tbsp brown sugar

¼ cup applesauce

1 egg

2 cups buttermilk (or 2 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice, add milk to equal 2 cups)

1-2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (keep frozen if using frozen)

(I might add 1 tsp of cinnamon next time for a little extra flavor)


1. Sift dry ingredients in medium size bowl.

2. Mix applesauce, milk, egg and brown sugar in medium size bowl.

3. Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and whisk until combined.

4. Heat griddle to 350* F.

5. Measure out pancake mixture to ¼ cup and pour on hot griddle.

6. Once mixture is on griddle add blueberries to each pancake, as many as you want and heat on griddle until golden brown on both sides.

Servings: 16

Nutritional info:

Calories: 86.1 Fat: .7g Cholesterol: 13.9 mg Sodium: 160.3 mg Carbs: 17.3 g Dietary fiber: 17.3 g Protein: 3.3 g

2 comments:

erin said...

Those sound delicious! We love breakfast for dinner, too.

SnoWhite said...

Thanks for the calorie/nutrition info :) I thought they were healthy, but I didn't know HOW healthy!!