Sunday, August 16, 2009

Quick and Easy Pizza Dough

Here is the recipe for my pizza crust.
It's easy and delicious. And it doesn't take long at all to put together.

Quick and Easy Pizza Dough (Yield 1 pizza dough)

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
2/3 cup water (plus an additional 2 tbsp)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp italian seasoning (optional)

1. Mix 1 cup flour with all other ingredients (I use my KitchenAid stand mixer with the paddle attachment).
2. Gradually add 2nd cup of flour until it forms a ball. Use your hands to form and knead the dough.
3. Let the dough rest 10-15 minutes in a bowl covered with a dish towel to keep it warm.
4. Roll out and place onto greased pizza pan or pizza stone with your favorite toppings.
5. Bake at 375* degrees for approximately 15 minutes.

*I can get 2 pizza doughs out of this one batch, we like thinner crusts. Also I put my crust in with no toppings for 5 minutes to make it crispier. If you do this make sure to poke holes in it with a fork so it doesn't puff up. Then take out of the oven and place toppings on it. Bake for 10-15 minutes more.
Enjoy!



No comments: