Sunday, August 30, 2009

Menu Plan Monday #4


Hope you're having a fabulous, relaxing weekend! Below is my menu plan for the week. I'm trying a couple of these recipes for the first time so I'll probably be posting those recipes on here after I make them, that is if they're good. :)
I've gone back to weekly planning (for now at least). Our schedules have been busier lately and a monthly calendar just wasn't working. It was getting messy and unorganized and I hated it.
I have a monthly calendar that I write down the dinners I want to try but this is kept in my folder of menu plans. I have a separate weekly calendar for the definite menu and our schedules for the week.
So here's my dinner menu. As you'll see, 2 nights I'm not cooking because of events that I'm involved it, so Hubby will be on his own.

Monday:
Cook's Night Off--meeting with my Hostess Team
Tuesday:
Cook's Night Off--Open House for my Mary Kay business
Wednesday:
Spicy Southwest Turkey Tenderloin (bought if from Sam's Club), red potatoes and vegetable
Thursday:
Tortilla Crusted Chicken Strips (from Southern Living magazine), rice and vegetable
Friday:
Blue-Corn Blueberry Pancakes (from Cuisine at Home magazine) and bacon (might end up putting this recipe on here on Friday or Saturday, if they're good. :)
Saturday:
Lunch: 6 inch hoagie sandwiches
Dinner: Ribeye steaks (marinated with olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper, garlic powder), baked potatoes and vegetable
Sunday:
Lunch: lunch with friends after church
Dinner: burgers and fries (we might end up going out to eat with church friends after church since Labor Day is the next day)

1 comment:

Mrs Sea Monster said...

How are the chicken strips from the southern living recipe? I saw it and marked it in mine, but haven't tried them yet!