Monday, August 10, 2009

Old bread to bread crumbs

I've started making my own loaves of bread for Hubby and me and wanted to get rid of the bread from the bread store (and it was getting old as well). I like to buy bread crumbs from Aldi but they can get expensive if I end up buying a bunch and that's not what I want to spend my $40 a week on. So I decided to make my own bread crumbs. I was a first timer for this bread crumb thing. I've been reading about it at other blogs and thought it sounded pretty simple so I'd give it a go. Turns out it was easy!

I left my bread out overnight to let it get a little stale.
Then I cut it into smaller pieces to make it easier on my food processor.

I put the cut-up pieces in the food processor and let it go to work. It took no more than 10 seconds to make the bread into crumbs.

And here's the crumbs. I'm storing them in an airtight container and I'll put them in the freezer since we won't be going through them very quickly so they'll keep for awhile.


What have you tried lately that you didn't think you could do?

No comments: