Thursday, August 4, 2011

BBQ Cheddar Chicken Roll-Ups

Last week I used some fresh vegetables (bell pepper and jalapenos) from my garden to help with this delicious chicken dish. I had leftover homemade tortillas in the freezer that I defrosted and was able to make this chicken dish in about 15 minutes. I like that kind of dinner night!
Because of the jalapenos the dish was a little spicier than we like, but the flavor was spot on.
Happy Cooking!

BBQ Cheddar Chicken Roll-Ups

Ingredients:
1 each-large green and red pepper, cut into strips
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into strips*
1/3 cup bbq sauce (my homemade version)
4 whole wheat tortillas, warmed (homemade tortilla's recipe)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Cook veggies about 3 minutes, add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add in bbq sauce and heat through.
2. Spoon chicken mixture down center of tortillas, top with cheese. Roll up and cut in half.
3. Serve and enjoy!

*You could always use pre-cooked chicken if you're in a hurry. OR try my whole chicken in the crock pot, shred when done and somewhat cooled and freeze for later use. I do that all the time!

See wasn't that easy?? :)

1 comment:

recipes for bbq said...

Hey, thanks for the new chop chop recipe I will use it in my next bbq party which is too soon. So, I was wondering if you have something related to mushroom special. I love it.

recipes for bbq