Sunday, August 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-August 15


August 15- August 21

Happy mid-August!
I have been doing so great with sticking to our menu. I'm so proud of myself. It's not easy with a toddler at your feet but thankfully my husband is home to wrangle her so I can get it done. She still escapes into the kitchen but I hope that means she'll like to cook with me someday!

Here's what's happening in our house this week:

Monday, August 15:
Fettucini Alfredo meal
from our Angel Food box ordered last month

Tuesday, August 16:
Bean and Beef Enchilada Casserole {new recipe}
I've been hitting up our local library the past couple of months and have found a huge section of cookbooks, this is a recipe from one of the books. I think the book was 9x13 casserole type meals.

Wednesday, August 17:
Baked potatoes with leftover bbq
Who doesn't have tons of bbq leftover in their freezer from all the summer's activities? This is a great way to do something different with it. Try our homemade bbq sauce too!

Thursday, August 18:
Chicken Taco Pasta {new recipe}
This is another meal from the cookbook finds at the library. It's made with ground chicken which I've never used so it'll be an adventure in new recipes and new ingredients!

Friday, August 19:
I've been looking at this recipe for awhile and I think I'll finally try it!

Saturday, August 20:
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches {family favorite}:
This is a quick meal to throw together because I already have cooked, shredded chicken in the freezer from making my chicken in the crock pot. I also make some homemade rolls to go with it. So yummy!

Sunday, August 21:
Stouffer's Meal
from our Angel Food box ordered last month

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

For more menu planning ideas see Menu Plan Monday's.

This post is linked to I'm an Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. Check out the page for more great ideas.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Everything sounds delicious! I love ground chicken. Sometimes you have to use a little extra seasoning because it can be a bit bland. Can't wait to hear what you think of that casserole. Sounds like one we'd enjoy, too.