Sunday, May 20, 2012

Menu Plan-May 20


May 20-26

Well, I did some more freezer cooking and baking this week. I know what you're thinking, more? Yes, more! I went grocery shopping on Tuesday and bought a few more items to prepare for the freezer. Our June goal is to NOT eat out any during the month, this includes getting ice cream. This is going to be a challenge as we like to get ice cream about once a week, but I have quite a few ice cream recipes I've been wanting to try and June will be the perfect month for it! Not only will we save money by not eating out we can SEE how much money we'll be saving. I'm very interested to crunch the numbers.

Anyways, back to freezer cooking. I made another batch of oatmeal-peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, loaf of wheat buttermilk bread, english muffins x2 (english muffin pizza's and breakfast), french bread x4 (for cinnamon roll toast and french bread pizza's, 3 pounds of taco meat divided into 1 pound portions, 2.5 batches of smothered "aussie" chicken and 3 bbq chicken pizza's. I think we'll be eating out of the freezer for awhile now. :) And that's the point... I'm ready to eat every night from it!!

Here's our menu for the week:

Sunday-
B: donuts at church
L: bbq chicken pizza (from the freezer)
D: leftovers from the week

Monday-
B: banana bread (from the freezer)
L: leftovers
D: cheesy chicken and salsa skillet (from the freezer)

Tuesday-
B: banana-blueberry muffins
L: leftover cheesy chicken and salsa skillet
D: on your own

Wednesday-
B: strawberry shortcake muffins
L: sandwiches
D: chicken quesadillas (making my own flour tortillas x2 and making extra for the freezer)

Thursday-
B: banana bread
L: chicken quesadillas
D: english muffin pizza's

Friday-
B: cinnamon rolls
L: english muffin pizzas
D: wheat-blueberry pancakes (from the freezer) and eggs

Saturday-
B: cinnamon toast (made by Daniel)
L: french bread pizza's
D: grilled chicken roller (from the freezer), baked potato fries and vegetables


What's cooking in your kitchen?


Linked to:
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable
Menu Plan Monday @ I'm an Organizing Junkie


No comments: