Sunday, May 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-May 7

May 7- May 13




Happy Sunday! We had another great morning at church; Daniel finished up his series on The Five Love Languages in our Connection Class (Sunday School). He did a great job, as usual, and I learned more about him and us from the series. The Love Jar post I did last week sprang from him teaching that series the past six weeks. We're continuing our own love jars and communicating our needs from one another. The series has been more helpful to us than I think either of us could have ever imagined. God works in our everyday lives for sure. Just something else to be thankful for!


I hope you enjoyed Daniel's most recent post on the Kindle vs. the iPad. I also hope you'll enjoy reading what he writes about. As you'll soon learn we have very different interests which I think will make this blog more fun to read. I hope you'll stick around and see where this blog takes us. We love all our readers here at 'Gabbing with the Gafford's.' 


Something else new on this blog will be the breakfasts I've started planning. I'm doing this because Nyla asks for a cinnamon roll everyday and I really need her to eat something else. Yes, my cinnamon rolls are delicious, but she needs to branch out in what she eats. Don't we all? 


I hope you all enjoyed reading about my freezer cooking plans and freezer cooking results. I had a good time planning the meals and then seeing them done. At this time, big freezer cooking days aren't feasible for me. I have too much everyday activities that need to happen so I probably won't be doing big days like that again. Instead, when I make a breakfast food I'll plan on doubling or tripling it. I've done this in the past and it works well for me. As for cooking dinners I'll do the same. I'll double the meal I'm making and freeze it for another night. It's just as easy to make 2 of something when I have all the ingredients out.


Here's what I have planned for this week. We've done pretty well sticking to our menu plan. If we don't have something I roll it over to a night on the next week. We try not to waste food in our home.


Monday:
B-wheat-blueberry pancakes (from the freezer)
D-spaghetti and olive garden breadsticks (from the freezer)


Tuesday:
B-strawberry shortcake muffins (from the freezer)
D-french bread pizza (from the freezer)


Wednesday:
B-triple berry buckle (from the freezer)
D-bbq chicken baked potatoes and vegetables


Thursday:
B-apple muffins (from the freezer)
D-layered enchilada bake and oatmeal-peanut butter cookies (for small group here; both from the freezer)


Friday:
B-cinnamon rolls (from the freezer)
D-bbq chicken pizza (from the freezer)


Saturday:
B-cinnamon toast
D-leftovers from the week or sandwiches


Sunday: Happy Mother's Day!
B-breakfast in bed for Mama
D-leftovers from the week or sandwiches





No comments: