Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins




I saw these on Pinterest last night and knew I wanted to make them first thing this morning. I'm so glad I did because they were wonderful! And they really do taste like a strawberry shortcake. :)


Strawberry Shortcake Muffins- modified from Dashing Dish
Yield: 12 muffins

Ingredients:
 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, divided (I used frozen that thawed overnight in the fridge)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin pan with spray. Spray it well, these are sticky!
2. Place all ingredients, except strawberries, in mixer, blend until oats are smooth. Fold in 1 cup strawberries.
3. Divide batter among the 12-count muffin pan (it truly made 12). Place sliced strawberries on top of each muffin (if desired). Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in muffin pan and serve warm. (I removed each with a spoon.)

Verdict: Nyla liked them so they must be good, as she's a picky eater. :) I thought they tasted like a strawberry shortcake dessert, so who can resist? I put a little butter on them and drank a cold glass of milk. It was a good breakfast!

Freezer Friendly: These have been just fine out of the freezer. If I remember, I pull them out the night before and put them in the refrigerator to thaw. If I don't remember (which happens more often), I defrost them in the microwave and reheat there too. They're delicious!


No comments: