Sunday, July 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-July 18


This just in...I'm trying to get back into blogging!

We thankfully don't have a busy week this week because I am flat wore out. My baby girl turned 1 this past Wednesday and we had her birthday party last night with tons of people. Not only that, but I also co-hosted a baby shower for a girlfriend yesterday afternoon. Let's just say this next week I'm not planning on doing too much around the house but play with my girl and spend time with my man. :)
And since I've finally gotten back into menu planning (I know my husband is happy) I can actually post my menu. I've been slacking in the planning department for the past couple of months and it's really shown in our grocery bill and lack of leftovers for lunches and quick bites when we need them. But I have planned the rest of July and all of August and I'm stoked about that! So here's my plan for dinners this week.

Monday, July 18:
Baked Chimichangas w/homemade whole wheat flour tortillas (I replace the flour with whole wheat flour)
This recipe is a favorite in our house. I just ventured into the tortilla making stuff too and found it to be easier than I ever thought. And they're cheaper to make. :)

Tuesday, July 19:
Leftover grilled pork loin with brown rice and veggies

Wednesday, July 20:
This bread is great with it, store bought works just as well.

Thursday, July 21:
New recipe!

Friday, July 22:
Homemade pizza using this pizza dough

Saturday, July 23:
Dinner with friends
I'll be bringing my recipes and help her get started on menu planning!

Sunday, July 24:
This is a great recipe b/c you don't have to cook the noodles.
Tip: Use cottage cheese in place of the ricotta if you can't find ricotta; you can't even tell the difference!


Have a great week cooking!


This post is linked at:


2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

well, happy belated birthday to your 1 year old! We just celebrated our nephew's 1st birthday on the 9th.

I must say -- I am jealous that you've got your menus planned through August. Wow. Nice job.

SnoWhite said...

well, happy belated birthday to your 1 year old! We just celebrated our nephew's 1st birthday on the 9th.

I must say -- I am jealous that you've got your menus planned through August. Wow. Nice job.