Sunday, July 31, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-August 1


Hope your week was good in the cooking department last week. Mine was! I tried a few new recipes, baked some cookies to share at church and just enjoyed being in my kitchen. I really forgot how much I enjoy spending my time there. I like cooking for my family and having some time in the kitchen to myself. That is rare these days with a toddler at my heels all day long. But it's worth it! :)
Looks to be another good week ahead in our kitchen! We picked up our Angel Food order yesterday and it has tons of meats and vegetables in it, a lot which you will see me using this month. I'm hoping the August menu will be just as good as July was through Angel Food. I felt like we got a lot of food for under $100. We'll see though. Here's what's coming up in our week in food! Get to cooking friends and enjoy!


August 1st-August 7th

Monday, August 1:
Pork chops with stuffing and fresh apples (maybe a little pureed apple for on top of the chops)

Tuesday, August 2:
Layered Enchilada Bake (a family favorite!)
I'll make it in two 8 inch pans and freeze the other after baking it so we have a quick meal for another night.

Wednesday, August 3:
Sandwiches and baked chips
I'll probably make the french bread and make smaller rolls for some fresh sandwiches. I tried it last weekend and it worked out pretty well, plus I just that love that bread!

Thursday, August 4:
I know, I know I must be crazy to make a homemade pasta but it's something I've been meaning to try for awhile and SnoWhite makes it sound so easy so I'm giving it a go!! The link is to her recipe and I'm going for it. :)

Friday, August 5:
Pepperoni Pizza
on homemade dough and a new homemade sauce I've been wanting to try from What Meghan's Making.
I haven't been too happy with my sauce lately and just need a change and store bought won't do. We tried some again and it just tastes funky to me. Besides I have fresh herbs in my garden that I need to utilize. :)

Saturday, August 6:
Dinner with our Sunday School class
the host family usually does a main course and guests usually bring sides and desserts so I'm not sure what I'll be bringing just yet

Sunday, August 7:
Hamburgers and potato fries


This post is linked to Organizing Junkies' Menu Plan Monday. See her page for more great ideas!

No comments: