Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday's Walk- Daniel & Nyla

I'm linking of over on Our Goodwin Journey for Wednesday's Walk. I'm so glad she's had these writing prompts this week, it's helped me put on my thinking cap about different topics to write on. I've had a tough time coming up with things to write about lately. Ever since I wrote for 31 days back in October I've been at a loss on what to write. I feel like I have something to say, most days that is. Other days I wonder if it's worth keeping this blog up and going. But alas, here I am writing.

Daniel and Nyla reading books

Back in the Fall of 2011 Daniel wrote this blog post and I feel like this picture goes with it. It's one of my favorite pictures of them. Nyla looks so much like a baby here and she was; she was about 14 months old, now she's 2.5 years old. Where has the time gone?

When I think about Nyla at this age I think about how quiet she was. She didn't talk a whole lot, she played independently most of the time and you had to work to get a smile out of her. What's funny now is she talks ALL the time, she's still VERY independent and a smile still doesn't come easily from her.

I love that she's a chatterbox, though I have so many people ask if she talks at all. She talks to us and not to many others. She's so smart and knows a lot of words. We have full-blown conversations and it blows my mind that we carry on conversation. I love it.

Her independence drives me bonkers some days. She wants to do everything herself but still can't do much, like most 2 year olds. She can get dressed from the waist down all my herself but still needs help with her shirt. She helps unload the dishwasher, take out the trash and sweep. She's not the best at cleaning up her toys but who is? I've pared down a lot of toys so there's less to clean up, that has helped. But all-in-all she's such a good helper to us. She does most of what we ask.

Her smiles. Oh, when you get them, they're pure reward! I'm fascinated with what makes her smile and laugh. She gets tickled about the funniest things and we just laugh and laugh about nothing. Having her has made me slow down, relax and have a little more fun. I've never considered myself a super-serious person but her and Naomi have made life more fun and exciting.

Each day is an adventure. Each day is different yet the same.

I'm glad for the memories with my husband and each of our girls. I love my life and am thankful for the many blessings that we have.

This post is linked up to Our Goodwin Journey for Wednesday's Walk. Hop on over and see her writing prompts!

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

so sweet! she sounds alot like my Annalise. She was also very quiet but her smiles... love them!! What a beautiful post! So glad these prompts helped you get blogging and thinking about writing again!

Blessed Mommy said...

So sweet! Glad I found your blog. I have a get to know you link up today if you would like to join.

http://www.blessedmommy26.blogspot.com/2013/01/get-to-know-you.html