Monday, January 7, 2013

What I've Been Hearing/Reading/Seeing

I'm a reader, an observer and an introspective person.

I want to be better about writing down what happens in our lives. It may not appeal to everyone, we're all on different walks of life, but I want to remember what happens. Life with our little family is flying by and I want to remember.

Each Monday I'm going to write about what I've been hearing, reading and seeing the past week. I probably won't write on each little area, just one and that'll be enough. I don't want you to have to read a novel each week. I may just put pictures up, sometimes pictures do more for me than words.

Here's our week in review:

First, we got new phones last week. I got my first smartphone and I'm loving it! I'm able to connect all my accounts, uploading pictures and blogging got a little easier and I feel more connected to my blogging friends.



Using Christmas money I bought a mountain of books. I have a Kindle and it's
piled in with the stack but I haven't gone all digital. Some books I want in my hands to take notes and to highlight.
In this stack are inspirational books, a few writing books, and a couple homeschool books.
Of this pile of books I'm reading Bird by Bird, written by Anne Lamott and A Thomas Jefferson Education
by Oliver DeMille. 

Nyla loves to craft. Here's the snowman she made for Daddy's office. He is now missing an eye
but he's still cute and she's proud of her cutting and gluing abilities. Man, she's getting big!

Sweet Naomi always falls asleep on the way home from church. I took this picture to capture her lips and lashes.
They are two of my favorite things and girl has some lashes on her.
She gets them from her Daddy. :)


That's our week in review, some of it anyways. We laid low most of the weekend. We're still recovering from the busy holidays and trying to get back in our routine. Nyla went off to school today, first time in 3 weeks. I'm guessing we'll be at the doctor later this week because she's caught some yucky germs from her classmates. I was really enjoying having both girls well. It's been nice not going to the doctor the past month. We'll be adjusting school after this semester is over. I really want her at home and I feel like I can do more for her than "school" does.

No comments: