Thursday, January 17, 2013

What I've Been Hearing/Reading/Seeing

We are a family of readers. You could call Daniel and I life-long learners. And we hope to pass that love of learning to our girls.

We are constantly reading or learning something new. For example, I've taken on gardening the past couple of years. I have much to learn and am constantly reading up on what I can do better to improve our crop. Right after we got married (almost 5 years ago) Daniel took up painting and he's been quite successful at it. I love to make thank you cards and I want to learn how to sew. Not only do we have all these fun hobbies, but you're most likely to always see us with a book in our hands or a Kindle.

The past 10 days or so I've been reading A Thomas Jefferson Education by Olive DeMille. DeMille writes about the importance of leaders in today's society and reading classics with good morals and finding a mentor to help lead you are two keys to becoming a great leader. If you're interested in homeschooling or improving your child's public or private education, this book is a great start.

The girls love to read Dr. Seuss books, well they love me to read them to them. We also love Eric Carle books. The girls got a little Christmas money so I ordered a few extra books to add to our collection.

As you can see, we love reading. We don't watch television while the girls are up during the day so books fill up our days.

What are you reading right now? I'm always looking for suggestions.



No comments: