Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Frozen Cherry Salads

I have a fond memory of these growing up. My mom would make them and we'd have them with dinner or as a little sweet dessert after. I have wanted to make them for awhile but just kept forgetting about them. Last week when I went to the grocery store I add the four ingredients needed for this delicious treat. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have over the years.

Frozen Cherry Salad
Serves: 48

Ingredients:
1 can cherry pie filling
1 (20 oz) large can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
1 (16 oz) cool whip, thawed
1-2 drops red food coloring, optional

Instructions:
Mix all in a large bowl and scoop into paper lined muffin cups, 1/2 to 3/4 full. Freeze for a few hours. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Note: These make a lot! I put 12-16 in a gallon freezer bag and pop one out when I want a sweet treat.
These make a beautiful little treat for a bridal luncheon or baby shower.

48 calories per serving (if you make 48)


No comments: