Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday-Feb 6


Happy Februray Y'all! It's been a couple of weeks since I posted my menu. Life has been a little crazy around here. Our sweet Nyla had surgery last week so we were preparing for it and not recovering from it. Thankfully she's doing pretty well, as long as we keep tylenol in her!

For January I challenged myself to only buy dairy, produce, fresh bread and anything Nyla ate since she doesn't eat what we eat, unfortunately. For the most part I stuck to that! I'm pretty proud at how I did so I'm calling it a win. I ended up having more meats leftover so we're continuing to eat from those for the month of February which is perfect. Also you'll begin to see more use of the crock pot, leftovers and soups this month. It's so not cold here but I'm making soups anyways. The groundhog saw his shadow this week and predicted 6 more weeks of winter but in Tennessee we're still looking for the first 6 weeks of winter. We need a huge cold snap here, mainly for the bugs! I've already been bitten a few times by mosquito's and I'm not happy about it! Alright, enough jibber jabber. Here's what's for dinner this week.


Tuesday: Bbq chicken enchiladas

Wednesday: Toasty sandwiches

Thursday: Spicy black bean soup, served over rice {new recipe}

Friday: America's Test Kitchen pepperoni pizza (I'm pretty excited about trying this!)


Sunday: Sandwiches OR leftovers from the week

That's what's happening in our kitchen, how about yours?

No comments: