This is a delicious sweet treat! It's quick and easy and something a little different for a dessert snack.
When you break it into pieces, place it in little bags with some cute ribbon and give out to friends as a little happy. They'll be begging for more. And you'll make their day by giving them this small gift.
Saltine Toffee-from Pat P.
1 to 1 1/2 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 1/2stick butter
1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips (I tried with semi-sweets and it wasn't sweet enough, in my opinion)
1-2 cups white chocolate chips, melted
chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Arrange crackers in a single layer so there is no empty space between them.
3. Place the butter and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat. Stir while the butter melts and bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
4. Once boiling, carefully pour over the crackers, trying to cover most of the crackers.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until toffee is bubbling all over.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute.
7. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top in an even layer an let cool for 1 minute to soften.
8. Spread the melted chocolate over the top.
9. Sprinkle nuts on top if you prefer or drizzle melted white chocolate for a pretty design, or do both.
10. Refrigerate about 30 minutes to set and enjoy!