Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread



Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread-from Joy in my Kitchen
Printer-Friendly Recipe

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 3/4 cup applesauce (oil works fine here too, but applesauce makes it better for you; and you might not need as much oil)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup oats (I used Old Fashioned)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 nutmeg
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar (for sprinkling on top)

1. Cream butter and sugar together.
2. Add applesauce.
3. Add oats, flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
4. Pour in greased bundt pant (or 2 loaf pans).
5. Sprinkle top with brown sugar.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, at 350 degrees F.
7. Cool 5 minutes in the pan, remove to wire rack and cool completely.
8. Place on serving plate a little warm and serve. I sprinkled mine with a little bit of powdered sugar to glam it up.

Enjoy!

This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

4 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Oh how I love this cake! And yours turned out so beautiful. Hope it was one you enjoyed.

Brenda said...

I like this recipe, low sugar and low fat. I will definately try this.

Stephanie said...

Joy in My Kitchen is one of my favorite blogs! Your cake looks beautiful!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Oh my goodness, this cake looks wonderful! Thanks for linking your post to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.