Friday, February 19, 2010

Blueberry Turnovers

I love a little sweet treat and these hit the spot.
I was in the mood for just a little something sweet the other night and had the urge to bake a little. So I got on the internet to find something easy and found this turnover recipe. It was simple and quite delicious. Hubby liked the quite a bit too. I'll definitely be making them again!

Blueberry Turnovers-from Allrecipes.com
Printer-Friendly Recipe

1 (8 oz) package refrigerated crescent rolls
1/2 cup fresh blueberries (I used frozed, partially thawed blueberries, rinsed)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup prepared vanilla frosting (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out crescent dough triangles onto a baking sheet.
2. Place 1 Tbsp blueberries on the widest end of each triangle. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp confectioner's sugar over blueberries on each roll. Beginning with the wide end, roll up crescent around blueberries; pinkch both sides to seal completely.
3. Bake in the preheated over until gold, about 12 minutes. Remove to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes; dust with the remaining confectioners' sugar. Drizzle with the vanilla frosting.

Note: I felt I needed more blueberries and a little more confectioners' sugar in each crescent roll up. I did not make a frosting, just dusted with powdered sugar. Next time, I may try a glaze, especially if I'm going to serve them to other people.

No comments: