Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

This is an amazingly wonderful bread! I love a good cinnamon raisin bread and I've been looking for a recipe for awhile and of course my friend at Joy in my Kitchen had one!
I adjusted it a bit for my own personal tastes and its delicious.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread (for the bread maker)-modified from Joy in my Kitchen
Printer-Friendly Recipe

3 1/4 cups bread flour
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp dry milk
2 Tbsp butter, cut up
3 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
10 1/2 oz water
1 1/2 tsp yeast

1. Place all ingredients in your bread maker as listed by your manufacturer; but add raisins right away. If you place the raisins in right away with all other ingredients, they'll get chopped up and dispersed all throughout the bread, which I like better.
2. Bake according to directions but don't use rapid cycle. My machine takes about 3.5 hours from start to finish. Believe me, it's worth the wait.
3. Allow to cool a bit before slicing.

Glaze (optional):
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk

Drizzle over top of cooling bread. And enjoy!

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

yea for cinnamon raisin bread :) This is on my menu this week!