Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Naomi!

Sweet Naomi, you are 1 year old today. Where has the year gone?!?!

I was floored at how I loved you instantly. Unfortunately, it was hours before I got to hold you! But it was as if I'd known you forever when I finally did get to hold you. It was such a natural feeling. Since you were baby number two, I was much more confident in my mothering skills. Your wild and busy sister prepared me for that! :) And since you're a much more sensitive child I was glad you were baby number two. Being more relaxed help me cope with your sensitivities. 

With all 11 pounds 4 ounces of you, there was a lot to love! And I couldn't get enough of your chubby cheeks and big round belly; I still can't. You are so beautiful and we love our "Chunkster."

I'm thankful God entrusted us to be your parents. Wow, that floors me just typing that out! I still can't wrap my brain around God's unconditional love for us. Until your sister and you came along I didn't get it at all, at least now I understand a very small piece of it. I don't think you'll ever understand how I love you or how much I love you, until you have children of your own. I don't think anyone gets it until then. 

I'm so thankful I get to be your Mama. Through the good days and the rough days I am always here for you and for Nyla. Life would look so different without you in it. You are a constant joy in our lives. You smile ALL the time, giggle at everything Nyla does and give big, wet kisses. I didn't think my heart had room for another baby but I was so wrong. There's always room!

Happy Birthday to you, sweet Naomi. We love you so much!!!


Naomi around 5 hours old. Her sugar was low and my recovery wasn't going great
so she went to the nursery while I went to recovery for what lasted forever!

Taken just a couple of weeks ago. This about sums her up: BIG smile,
lots of teeth and wild hair. She is busy like her big sister!


1 comment:

cindy winkler said...

Wow Ginny you are such a good blogger. I love the way you describe your life and children.