Thursday, November 8, 2012

Take it 6 weeks at a time

I don't know about you but I have a hard time committing to working out, even though I know I need to. I start out pumped up and ready to go. But the weeks drag on and then I get out of the habit. I need to take care of myself and my family and working out helps me feel better and gives me a lot of energy during the day.

Since July I've made more of a commitment to working out. I started running (read my journey here) with my sister and completed my first 5k last Saturday. I ran/walked it in 43 minutes. I was shooting for under 40 minutes but I walked too much, but that's okay. It was really warm for a 5k and for November. I finished the 5k and that was my biggest goal. I did it!

Since running has ended, I've decided to take it 6 weeks at a time. Six weeks of consistently working out is what I can give full out until I become burnt out from working out. My plan is doing 6 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off, but no more than 2 weeks off. I don't want to get out of the good habits I've started!

This next 6 weeks I've committed to doing a cardio/weights routine 3 times a week. Three times a week isn't much but it's what I can do right now. I have some dvd's, called Core Secrets, that are weights with cardio worked into them. I keep moving, get stronger and strengthen my core all in 30-45 minutes. I love them. I can keep up with the tempo and I'm sore the next day, meaning I'm getting something out of it.

This is my first week of my 6 week program and I've completed 2 days of Core Secrets. I'm sore too, which I like! I'll keep you posted on my progress.

How do your workouts work for you?

No comments: