Sunday, September 23, 2012

Menu Plan-September 24

September 24-30

Hey y'all! It's been awhile since I've posted my menu plan on our blog. I've continued on with menu planning and sticking to it but I also started something new with our menu.

I was inspired by Rachel's simplifying series and loved her thoughts on meal planning. I loved the idea about planning one week of meals and repeating that same menu the following week. What a concept! And I wish I would've thought about it. I also struggle with coming up with awesome meal plans each week. I mean I love planning but some months the task is daunting and I have a hard time coming up with meals. Even though we eat a lot of the same meals I try and be fun and plan new things but I get bogged down in that. Easier and familiar are better!

It's been a couple weeks since I've started planning our dinners like this and I love it! It's easier to plan our meals and surprisingly we don't mind eating the same things two weeks in a row. And I've found that our grocery budget is staying in check and somewhat lower. And that's something I didn't expect to come along with this new menu planning adventure.

Well, enough about that.  Let's see what we're eating for the second week in a row.

Monday- America's Test Kitchen Taco's (these are really great!)

Tuesday- was going to be penne alla vodka but since I forgot I used all the heavy cream I have no idea what I'll be making. oops!

Wednesday- pulled chicken sandwiches and veggie chips

Thursday- jambalaya

Friday- bbq chicken pizza

Saturday- leftovers or sandwiches

Sunday-leftovers or sandwiches

Are you looking for easier breakfast planning too? I wrote a blog about that not long ago. Check it out here! An update on that... we're still doing it! I love looking on the fridge and knowing what we're eating each morning without thinking about it too much.

This post is linked to:
Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday
Stone Gable's On the Menu Monday

4 comments:

The Atwoods said...

You know I'm loving the sound of those beef tacos! I'll have to try that recipe next time we're making tacos!

Carissa Rasmussen said...

it makes such a difference when you actually plan it out! looks like it was a great week

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

I love watching America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. I get so many fantastic cooking tips, techniques and recipes.
I’m always interested in some new recipes to add to my Recipe File Box. That’s why I love MPM!
Looks like there’s going to be lots of yummy meals eaten this week.

Ginny said...

Carissa: It does make a difference when you plan. I love planning!

Berry: We love America's Test Kitchen! I haven't seen Cook's Country but I'm going to get it from Netflix and watch it. I'm looking forward to seeing it.