Friday, September 14, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Focus

Focus.

We hear it a lot these days. And it means something different to us all.

Right now, for me, it means focusing on my relationship with my husband, my girls and trying to lose some weight.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings I focus on dragging my tired, big butt out of bed at 5 a.m. to meet my sister around the corner to run for 20+ minutes. She's sacrificing her sleep to help me. I definitely take this for granted. I love that she lives 1 minute away and she can help me train. I still take it for granted.

Focusing on my husband is another priority. He's going back to school to become a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and that means less time with him as he'll be in class 4 hours on Tuesday night and studying most other nights. The time we'll have together for the next year will be precious and some nights of cuddling on the couch will be cut short. But I know it's only a year and something he needs to do. And I'm very supportive.

My girls. They are now 2 and 10.5 months. Where has the time gone? I want to soak up every moment with them. The days are long but the years are fast. This is so true and I didn't realize it until my oldest turned 2 in July. This can't be! And now I'm thinking about #2's first birthday party. Eek!

I want to focus on living a simple life with them and honoring God in the process.


This post is linked to 5 Minute Friday by The Gypsy Mama. Go here for this week's post.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Howdy! My hubby is also back in school, so I can relate. We are in a transition of sorts. You are very lucky to have family nearby. I'd really LOVE to have my sister as a running partner but she lives SO far away. My hubby ends up running or walking with me. Thanks for sharing...there is much to be thankful for and focus on. ;)