Saturday, September 29, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Grasp



Grasp.

Grasp onto what I have. That's been the goal of this year. Contentment has been a big thing for me. Or rather finding more of it. I feel like I'm a fairly content person. I have a wonderful husband who loves me to the moon and back. I have two beautiful and healthy little girls. I have a loving family that surrounds us. I know and have a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have a home with 3 bedrooms a nice kitchen and den and everything in between. I haven't quite grasped onto all these wonderful things though.

I look around, as most probably do, and see that I could have so much more. But I know deep down it wouldn't make me happy. Would a fourth bedroom be nice? I would say "yes" to that. But then that's an extra room to clean and that would probably come with another bathroom to clean, etc.

Grasp onto what I have. Grasp it. Be happy with it. I live a wonderful life with loving people all around me. People of character. People who love Jesus. Grasp them. Don't let them go. Build a life with them. Love them. Live out life with them. Make them my community. Love Jesus. Love people. Be content with the many many many blessings God has given me. I have definitely have a lot to be thankful for in my life.

This post is linked to Five-Minute Friday. Click here to see this week's link-up party and join the fun!

4 comments:

cALyPsO said...

My dad always preached about being content with what I had throughout my teenage years. It has served me well.
This was a good moment to step back and look around. Be here.now. There was a time when we wished all this in our dreams.

adaynasmile said...

Contentment. You are so right! One more room would be one more room to clean. It is so hard to remember that though as we look at the world around us. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it! :)

Denise said...

Amen, so true.

Ginny said...

Thanks for all the comments! Some days contentment is hard but it's a necessity for us! Thanks for stopping by!!!