Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Notes of Randomness

There's no rhyme or reason to this post, just random thoughts as they come to me. You have been warned.

*We are now a month and a half or so away from the election (thank goodness). Mercifully, my Facebook feed has not featured too many political posts, and the ones that do get hidden or reported as spam (that may or may not be true). I highly doubt that posting a status about your views is going to make someone say, "Well, crap, you just swung my vote to the other side." I'm thinking of posting a status asking for money in exchange for voting a certain way. Isn't that how politics works anyway?

*It almost never fails that between August and September, I get one cold or sinus junk every year. It's nature's way of reminding me to drink more orange juice and get more sleep (and take more Nyquil). Apparently, Nyla also has this same issue. The first strong cold front of the season brings about change and throws sinuses out of whack.

*I have started school again. I may write more about this later, but I am currently enrolled back at
my alma mater in a class to earn a certificate in financial planning. The first class was last night, and I think it is a class I'm going to enjoy.

*2012 is drawing closer and closer to a close. Are the Mayans going to be right? Will Harold Camping make another bogus prediction? Time will tell, as will making it to 2013.

*Ginny and I have actually been able to fit in some board gaming in the last week, getting Settlers of Catan and Agricola to the table. (I have not fared well in these either.) I'll get a review of Settlers up here soon. It's a game you'll need to check out.

With that, I think that's enough randomness for one day. Enjoy your Wednesday!

-D

No comments: