Monday, November 8, 2010

1 year ago today...

Happy Girl!!!


1 year ago today we found out some AMAZING news. We were expecting our first child. Talk about mind blowing!

The week before I suspected I was pregnant so I took about 3 pregnancy tests, but they were all faintly positive. Now, I've never been pregnant before, so I didn't know if this meant I was or maybe was. So I scheduled a doctor's visit with my Nurse Practitioner and come to find out, I was 4 weeks pregnant. Waiting in the waiting room was the longest hour of my life! I was shaking and my heart was racing and my palms were sweaty, it was weird. It was an insane experience.

I don't even remember what I was thinking when we were finally taken back to one of the exam rooms. And when Sandy came in and said, "Congratulations!" I was floored. Daniel and I looked at each other and smiled and hugged and just had so many thoughts running through our head. As this pregnancy wasn't planned, it was definitely a surprise! But a fantastic surprise!

Now one year later, we have an almost 4 month old! I am amazed by God's blessings daily. We have a healthy, happy, smiley, big (15 pounds) baby girl. And we couldn't be happier with her and our life with her. It's hard to remember what it was like before her. I heard so many people say that and didn't understand it until she came along, I so get it now. It's an amazing, rewarding, scary, complicated and exhausted experience. But I wouldn't change a second of it. I'm enjoying every single moment, even the fussy and cranky moments. I know that all this won't last forever and I have a few short moments with her being little and super dependent.

1 year later I'm thankful for her and for my supportive husband, our wonderful families who can't get enough of her and for all the spoiling they do. They take wonderful care of all 3 of us!

Blessings,
Ginny

2 comments:

erin said...

Can you believe it's been a year since you found out?? Time goes by so fast. I am so glad that you are enjoying every moment of being a mommy!

Ginny said...

Erin, I can't believe it's been a year already. Time is definitely flying for me, not so much for Daniel. That's what he claims anyways.

It's hard to believe Nyla is almost 4 months old. It seems like just yesterday that we were at the hospital awaiting her arrival. I'm loving every minute of it!