Thursday, January 21, 2010

Garlic Bread Seasoning


Homemade Garlic Bread Seasoning-from The Double Dipped Life
Printer-Friendly Recipe

1/2 cup powdered parmesan cheese
2 tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
2 tsp marjoram
2 tsp parsley

Combine all ingredients in a jar (use one with a shaker top if you'll use it to shake on top of things).
Goes great with pizza sauces, on top of pizza, in sauces, on top of breadsticks OR
combine 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic seasoning with a stick of softened butter. Spread on loaf of french bread (cut in 1/2 lengthwise), wrap in foil and bake and 375 degrees F until butter is melted. Or open face up under broiler for a few minutes until brown and crispy. I put it in the broiler more often because I like my bread crunchy.

I put my garlic seasoning in an empty jam jar and doubled the recipe. I have a feeling I'll be using it quite a bit so I went ahead and doubled it.

I forgot to take a picture of the butter/seasoning mixture spread on my french bread. But it was more than enough to spread over the 2 pieces of french bread. And it was wonderful!


2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

what a great idea!

Ginny said...

It was very delicious on your french bread recipe! And if you just sprinkled it on top of the bread, before baking, and let the herbs bake in, yummy, I bet that would be good!