Friday, January 22, 2010

Cheese-Lover's Pasta Roll-Ups



These babies are so delicious!
And surprisingly they were pretty easy to make, which surprised me.


Ingredients:
1 egg, beaten
1 container (15 oz) Ricotta Cheese
2 cups Italian Cheese Blend, shredded
4 green onion, chopped
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce, divided
16 lasagna noodles, cooked
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

*I add 1 pound cooked and drained ground beef
*I didn't have green onions so they weren't added and it was fine
*I used part skim milk Ricotta cheese

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix first 5 ingredients until well blended, (this is where I added the cooked, drained ground beef).
3. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce onto bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread each noodle with 3 Tbsp cheese mixture (or 1/4 cup if you added ground beef); roll up. Place, seam-sides down; in dish. Top with remaining sauce and Parmesan; cover. (I had a little beef and cheese mixture left so I put it on top of the noodles).
4. Bake 40-50 minutes or until heated through; uncovering the last 10 minutes.

*This is a great make-ahead dish and it makes a ton. Next time, I'm going to use 2, 9 inch square pans and freeze the other for another meal down the road and just cook one of them for dinner since there's only 2 of us.
*If you make the day before, cover with heavy duty foil, refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
*If you freeze the roll-ups, freeze up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Bake, covered, 1 hour 5 min. or until heated through, uncovering the last 10 minutes.

Enjoy this meal!
It seems like a lot of steps, but it really is easy, I promise. I don't like spending a whole lot of time on meals so I wouldn't tell you it was easy if it wasn't easy.
See the picture below on the roll-ups served with French Bread with Garlic Seasoning.

8 servings, 2 roll-ups each
460 calories, 16 fat grams, 740 Sodium, 54 Carbs, 4 Fiber, 25 Protein (add more protein if ground beef is added to dish)


This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

No comments: