Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my house that likes it.
Thankfully we have a small toaster oven that I can cook 10 or so stalks for just me. I don't like it mushy. I like it tender/crisp because I love some crunch in my food.
So this is how I prepare my asparagus...
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place as much asparagus as you want on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle oil (I use olive oil) on top of asparagus.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper or any other seasoning you like.
5. Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. Place immediately on a plate and eat, eat, eat.
I can scarf my asparagus in less than 3 minutes. I just love it!