Monday, June 3, 2013

Strawberry Picking

Saturday Nyla and I went strawberry picking! 
(Yes, I am growing strawberries in our yard but we're waiting for them to root properly and won't get any bounty until next season. It's sad, but I'm hoping this helps us having better years of harvest later on.) 

I've been wanting to go but I wasn't sure how she would do. I assumed that she would pop them in her mouth as we picked and obviously that is highly illegal. :) But she greatly surprised me and just carried her little bucket around and kept on picking. I was not allowed to carry the bucket. At. all. She was very insistent on that. ;) I had to give her some guidance to pick the completely red strawberries and had to remind her a couple times but all-in-all she did so great! I think we'll go back in a couple weeks and pick some more. 

Here are a few pictures from our morning together. 
(We also went to the Farmer's Market to pick up some fruits, veggies and grass-fed beef.)



She's so proud of herself carrying the little bucket.

She's doing a great job picking!

"No, I"ll hold the bucket, Mommy."
I definitely head that a few times.

Our haul!
We filled up our bucket close to three quarters full and he told me it was $8. I was shocked it was so little.
I bought another quart because we eat them like crazy around here! 
Nyla and I had a good morning together, so did Daddy and Naomi. They went for a mile walk around our neighborhood and were followed by a sweet puppy for some of the way. We all had a great morning together, but separate! ;)

No comments: