Friday, June 7, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Fall


How to Join:
Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here

Fall.
I have 2 toddlers and they fall, a lot. They have banged up, scratched up, bleeding knees and feet almost everyday. Each time they fall I pick them up, hold them close and love on them as I dry their tears. I love that I'm able to comfort them. I love that when they fall they get up and look for me, wanting me to hold them and help them feel better.
Isn't this what God does with me? I fall, often, and He picks me up, cradles me in His arms and dries my tears. After I'm comforted I climb out of His lap and go onto my next adventure. I long to be close to Him but so often I feel so far. 
I know I create this gap between us. I choose to leave the comfort of His side and go out on my own. Only to find it's a cold and dark world on my own. I fall and then search the crowd for Him, wanting to climb back up in His lap for comfort. He dries me tears and I'm off again.
I love that having my girls has shown me a very small piece of the unconditional love that the Father has for me. Little ole' me. He loves me no matter how many times I climb out of His lap, mess up and come crying back into His lap.
Girls, I love you more than you'll ever understand. I will always be here to pick you up when you fall. I will always be here to dry your tears. I will always be here to comfort you and send you back on your way. I love you.

This post is linked to Lisa-Jo's Five Minute Friday. Come join the fun!

1 comment:

betweenbluerocks said...

So good of God, to take on the parent metaphor so that we can understand just a bit of how He handles us. Thanks for the reminder!

FMF