Sunday, June 24, 2012

Menu Plan-June 24



We've had quite the busy week this week and our girls are way off the nightly routine. They've been somewhat of a disaster come five and I know it's because we haven't been home. Tonight we're back in it. We had some great friends come by and see us and give us some relief. I love when we have visitors!

I stuck to our menu this week. We had dinner at my parents house Friday evening and dinner out with friends Saturday evening (they generously paid) and we had good times at both places. As for our June challenge, we blew it Sunday afternoon (Father's Day) and got Mexican. Naomi woke up with a fever so we didn't go to church but got out and ran 2 errands to get us ready for the week. When I asked Daniel if there was anything else he wanted to go do he replied with, "Mexican." Now, I love Mexican and whenever someone says that word I jump on it and say, "Let's go!" So we did. But that's been our only going out adventure and it was under $25, so that's not terrible. I'll blame him for it all though. :)

As for this week we will be staying close to home and getting back in our nightly routine because the adults in the house are worn out too! I'll be making some favorites and adding a couple new recipes too.

Monday- poppyseed chicken (from the freezer and 5 ingredients), rice and vegetable

Tuesday- chicken quesadillas (from the freezer)

Wednesday- chicken stuffed with feta and spinach, over spaghetti and sauce {new}

Thursday- cinnamon rolls and eggs

Friday- zuppa toscana soup (I know soup is weird for a summertime meal but we eat hot foods every other night of the week!)

Saturday- chicken stuffed with bacon and swiss, potato and vegetable {new}

I got a great new book this week, Don't Panic- Dinner's in the Freezer. I've been looking at this cookbook almost everyday and getting so excited about what I'm seeing. I think freezer cooking is pretty easy and it's all trial and error to see what of your favorite meals do well in the freezer. This book has some recipes I've never seen and am anxious to try. I also love that I have all the ingredients in my fridge or pantry and just need the meats they call for. I'm excited that I don't have to buy a bunch of ingredients that I don't already have on hand or aren't easy to get and use with other recipes. I think it'll be a great addition to my cookbooks and my freezer cooking adventures.

What's new in your kitchen?


This post is linked to:
Organizing Junkie's, Menu Plan Monday
Stone Gable, On the Menu Monday
Busy Mom's Menu Plan

1 comment:

BusyMom said...

Thanks for joining our linky party!! Have a great week!