Saturday, June 2, 2012

Fire Up the Podcasting Machine

Where I work, we are allowed to wear headphones. This is a good thing, because I'm not keen on hearing all of us typing on our keyboards or listening in on any phone calls. While I do listen to music, most days I am listening to or watching podcasts. They help break up the day, and along the way I do learn a thing or two. So what do I listen to? I'm glad you asked...

Weather Brains - Even if you're just a casual observer of the weather, this is a great podcast. Great interviews with people in weather, banter between the hosts, weather terms explained, and "picks of the week" make this a must-listen for me every week.

iPad Today - Part of Leo Laporte's TWiT network, this video netcast looks at all things iPad. Each week focuses on a theme and features apps related to that theme. Leo and Sarah do a great job explaining why the iPad would be a good fit for you and what apps are best for you.

Catalyst Podcast - Another great listen with interviews from influential people and pastors. The interviews offer some insight into the lives of leaders and what you can take away from how they lead and live their lives.

The Dice Tower - A podcast all about board games. The Dice Tower reviews games, covers board game news, and offers up top ten lists of various games, game components, designers, etc. Definitely worth the time to listen.

Those are the main ones I listen to, but enough about what I think. What are some podcasts you would recommend? Leave a comment and let us know. I'm always on the lookout for new things to listen to at work, on the way home, or before I fall asleep.

Have a great day!

-D

No comments: