Thursday, June 7, 2012

Some Days...


Some Days...

I don't want to get out of bed.
I want to take a long, hot shower without the interruption of babies needing my attention.
I wish the laundry would just quit; I think it multiplies while we sleep.
I wish the kitchen would clean itself as there are always dirty dishes to clean.
I wish our house were one to two rooms bigger.


But then I remember I'm thankful for my little blessings...

I'm thankful I have two healthy girls who want to play with me and snuggle, as this won't always be the case.
I'm thankful I have a place where I can take hot showers at the end of my exhausting day.
I'm thankful I have more than one outfit to wear as many people just have one or maybe a scrap of cloth that somewhat covers them.
I have more food in my pantry, fridge and freezers right now than some people probably eat in a year.
I'm thankful for the house we have. Everyone has their own bed. We have warm blankets and fans to cool us off. We a big back yard to run around in. We live in a quiet cove where we can run up and down the sidewalks. We have nice neighbors who look out for us.

Some days it really is hard to get out of bed. I remember the life before we had children, how quiet, laid back and easy life was. Now we have kids who yell, "Mommy" because they want one more snuggle before bed or wake up in the middle of the night because of a bad dream. But that word, "Mommy" is a wonderful sound to me. I know some women will never hear those words because they are unable to have kids. I am thankful for my girls.

We have babies who can't feed or dress themselves and who need attention a lot during the day. Some day they'll be able to dress and feed themselves and won't want any help from me. They'll be content playing in their room or with their friends and won't want me around. I'm thankful for the short time I have them because it's flying by. I want to enjoy every minute I have with them even if they fuss for the two hours before bed.

I'm thankful for the good times and the hard times.
It means I'm doing something right.


Currently reading Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis.


No comments: