Sunday, June 3, 2012

Menu Plan-June 3

June 3-June 9

Happy Sunday evening y'all. It's a touch late for me to be up and blogging but hey so is the life of this mommy of 2!
I'm sitting in the quiet, watching a little TV (which is highly unusual) and listening to the storm coming through and hoping it doesn't get bad like my man says it could.

We've started our June Challenge of NO eating out. We're just 3 days in, but so far so good. It may be harder than we think but it'll be worth it in the end.

I went to the Farmer's Market this weekend and bought some yummy foods. I bought about 15 pounds of peaches (made baby food for Naomi, a peach-blueberry cobbler, ate quite a few and making another cobbler for Wednesday night dinner at church), 2 pounds of lima beans, 2 pounds of green beans and 2 pounds of new potatoes. I think I could spend half our budget there a month. It's all so delicious!

This week on our menu is quite a bit of food from the freezer. I'm already making plans for more freezer cooking in the second half of the month. I've written down about 3 food items to make. My goal will be to put in one thing a day, that's so manageable for me! So here's what we're eating this week...

Sunday- french bread pizza's (from the freezer)

Monday- chicken and dumplings and lima beans (from the Farmer's Market)

Tuesday- spaghetti and homemade breadsticks 

Wednesday- dinner at church; hamburgers and hotdogs (I'm making desserts and we'll eat for free, good trade!)

Thursday- english muffin pizza's; small group is tonight!

Friday- cinnamon roll toast (I have some french bread pizza in the freezer, perfect!) and bacon

Saturday- grilled chicken, macaroni and cheese {new} and vegetable

Are you making anything new at your house this week?

No comments: