Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend + Menu Plan Monday-October 2


I am worn out from our busy weekend with family and friends! We did something every night this weekend and I'm pooped. This is why my menu is late coming out.

Friday we surprised a friend from church for her birthday. Her husband set it all up to meet them at a restaurant for dinner then bought tickets for all of us to go see "Courageous" at the movie theater. Go see it. Bring tissues. :)

Saturday night we hosted a fellowship meal with our Connection Class, aka Sunday school class. I was busy all week getting the house ready, while Hubby cut grass and my mom and dad helped with outside stuff too. I'm so thankful for such a wonderful family. (Being 34+ weeks pregnant and hosting an event don't go hand-in-hand and I don't recommend it. I was exhausted all day on Sunday.) My daddy grilled pork tenderloin on the grill. I got about a 2 foot long tenderloin at Sam's Club for $1.99 a pound, spending under $20 for the whole thing, you can't beat that. Everyone else brought sides including rice, baked beans, rolls and of course dessert... cupcakes and cookies. :) We never eat poorly at get-together's.

Sunday after church we came home and crashed. All 3 of us climbed into bed and took almost 2 hours naps. We didn't even eat lunch, just went straight to bed. It was very nice. Then we relaxed all afternoon, went back to church for evening service and then dinner with a big group from church. We didn't get home until almost 9 and that made for a long day, adding to the long weekend. Let's just say I'm enjoying the low key day that is Monday today. :)

Side note: 1 month from today we will welcome baby #2 in our lives! Naomi will be here November 3rd (if not before). I've scheduled the c-section with my doctor and now await it to be scheduled with the hospital which will be 2-3 weeks out from the date. We're so excited and counting down the days! It also feels like crunch time so I'm nesting a little more and trying to do as much as possible the next 4 weeks for Christmas gifts, freezer meals and keeping a clean home. After November 3rd I definitely won't be getting out as much with 2 babies! I'm exhausted from thinking about it. :) Thankfully both sets of grandparents are in town and available for help and believe me they will be called a lot to help us!

Enough talking about stuff, let's get down to food! I haven't cooked but 2 things in the last 2 weeks. That is pathetic. We've gotten invited over for dinners, done leftovers or had cereal. Let's just say Hubby is having a hard time getting something for lunch since he always takes leftovers and there aren't so many in the freezer. Oops. :) Here's what I WILL be cooking this week.

Monday:
Parmesan Chicken Tenders, baked potato and vegetables

Tuesday:
Spaghetti and Artisan Bread

Wednesday:
Crock pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti (family favorite, lots of leftovers!)

Thursday:
Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole {new recipe}

Friday:

Saturday:
Stuffed Baguettes {new recipe}

Sunday:
Bean and Beef Enchilada Casserole-from the freezer


What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

This post is linked to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

1 comment:

Tami said...

i know what you mean about no lunch when there are no leftovers! lol
coming from menu monday :)