Monday, October 24, 2011

Monkey Bread


It's been a long time since I posted a recipe so I thought I'd share this delicious breakfast recipe with you. It's got just 5 ingredients and easy to throw together. And it's always a hit wherever I take it! Enjoy.

Monkey Bread

Ingredients:
4 (10 count) cans buttermilk biscuits
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 stick butter, melted
chopped nuts (optional) I like it without nuts :)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Cut up each biscuit into quarters.
4. Mix sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon into a bowl or pie plate.
5. Roll each biscuit quarter into the sugar mixture. Layer in the bundt pan. Between each layer pour some of the sugar mixture.
6. After you've rolled all biscuits in the sugar mixture pour rest of sugar mixture on top followed by the stick of melted butter.
7. At this point you can bake the monkey bread for 40-45 minutes OR cover and place in the fridge to bake in the morning. I really like to make this ahead and bake in the morning if I have time. The butter sits all night and makes a beautiful glaze on top of the monkey bread. But sometimes I only have time to warm up the bread the next day. And it's still awesome.

No comments: