Monday, October 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-October 17

October 17-October 23

Happy Monday Y'all! I hope you're having beautiful weather like we are here. I just love Fall. The cool, crisp air, a nice breeze and sweaters! My mum's are doing well and my yard doesn't look like it needs cutting and that is great. I'm finally back on track with menu planning and cooking, at least the next couple of weeks.

I'll be 37 weeks pregnant with our sweet girl #2 this Thursday. And that is just crazy! This pregnancy has flown by especially the last 4 weeks or so. I feel like I've been pretty well organized in getting our stuff ready or the big day but you never know. The baby car seat was put in our car last night (just in case) and it's really weird seeing 2 car seats back there. I've got my packing list done, now I just need to get the suitcase out and pack! I may even start menu planning for November this week since come November 3rd I'll be in the hospital and a little busy taking care of two sweet girls.

The one thing I haven't done is made many freezer meals like I did right before Nyla was born. I may regret it but I just don't feel up to it and chasing a toddler around keeps me busy enough. I have some great recipes that I think will be easy to make for dinners and I'll be relying on my crock pot A LOT! And another great thing, it's soup season and those are always easy to throw together last minute. I guess I'm not too worried about not having many meals ready to go. :)

Here's our menu for the week. What are you making?

Monday:

Tuesday:
Spaghetti and artisan bread (addicted to this bread!)

Wednesday:
BBQ chicken packet, rice and vegetables

Thursday: 37 weeks pregnant!
Creamy chicken, bacon and tomato pasta {new recipe}

Friday:

Saturday;
Chicken Noodle Soup (my own recipe!)

Sunday:
Bean and Beef Enchilada Casserole (from the freezer)

I may be changing my menu around on Wednesday and Thursday and having soups since it's actually going to be low 50s here and windy. Brrrr! But we'll see. Have a great week.

This post is linked to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday. For more great recipes and blogs check out her site!!

No comments: