Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Three Cheese Baked Ziti


This recipe from a wonderful cook over at Finding Joy in my Kitchen. I think I could browse at her recipes all day. I'm always finding wonderful recipes on her blog and love trying them out. And here's one I tried out last night. It was wonderful, as I expected! I modified it a little for Hubby and me. Enjoy.

Three Cheese Baked Ziti-from SnoWhite

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 T dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
10-oz frozen spinach, cooked
1/3 c grated parmesan
26 oz spaghetti sauce
16 oz ziti, cooked
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

Cook ground beef and drain.
Blend together ricotta cheese, parsley, salt, egg and spinach until smooth.
Stir in parmesan cheese, until blended.
Spread 1/3 of the jar of spaghetti sauce to ungreased 9x13 pan, covering the bottom.
Place half of the cooked pasta over the sauce; spread half the ricotta mixture.
Cover with another 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top.
Repeat layers, ending with the mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Serves 6-8 people

2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

i love this dish! i got the recipe from a dear friend at my wedding shower -- love it.

the addition of meat probably puts this one over the top :) thanks for trying it!

Daniel said...

This is definitely a keeper recipe! Of course I am partial to pastas.