Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Gratituesday: Little Moments


I don't always appreciate the little moments I have with my two little girls. They drive me up a wall somedays, sometimes all day. They ask a million questions over and over again, spill a drink or food four thousand times a day, are at my feet playing with dolls when I'm trying to prep a meal, color all over the table and not on their paper. This list goes on and on.

Sometimes it takes looking back at pictures, even from just a few days ago, to fully appreciate how blessed I am to stay home with these girls. I look back and these pictures and laugh at their antics. Naomi wants to wear my sunglasses all the time and I happily oblige. Can I get a picture of the two them together and smiling at the same time? Not a chance at this stage in life but I can tell from their faces they're happy.

I love that homeschooling them means I won't miss all these moments as they get bigger. If Naomi wants to wear sunglasses all day and she still gets her work done, so be it. If Nyla spills yet another drink but cleans it up without being told, I know I'm doing a good job as a parent. Training up young minds and learning life skills is what it's all about after all.

The days are long but the years are short. I like not missing a moment with these two crazies! :)


Yes, we're in the bathroom. ;)

Sweet girls

Cheese!? Or maybe not. :)

Our visit to the zoo last week

Before church this past Sunday. 

Nyla is getting so big. She was copying me with her legs crossed.

These girls love to color!

Naomi's first haircut

Nyla can write her name

A cool day in August meant a picnic lunch on our driveway

Having fun after bath time.





This post is linked to Heavenly Homemakers for this weeks Gratituesday. Come link up and share what you're thankful for in your life!

1 comment:

SparingChange said...

I love-love-love all of those pictures! Precious! Thanks for sharing them with us!